• Aged between 18-30?
• Considering volunteering to enhance your skills, to support a good cause or to enhance your CV?
• Don't know where to start to get a relevant placement in line with your personal goals, interests and aspirations?
Young people volunteer for all sorts of reasons from wanting to give something back to society, utilising a specialist skill, making the most of spare time, developing new skills and of course to build a CV. This for some young people is an essential stepping stone to reaching career aspirations and goals. But getting a placement and moreover an appropriate placement is not always that easy.
This new project from BTEG aims to give young BAME people interested in volunteering the support to get you "volunteering ready" and avenues to help you secure a placement. We will coach you about the 'give and take' of volunteering and provide you with the skills and knowledge to make the most of the placement for both yourself and your host organisation.
This will be done through a package of FREE dynamic learning and development workshops aimed to compliment the practical experience from your placement.
- Assertiveness and speaking with confidence
- Filling in application forms
- Understanding an office environment and office systems
- Basic project management
- Building the CV and interview skills
So if you are young, talented, ambitious, creative, energetic but need support to get on your chosen career path, enrol on the WorkPlacements4
ME programme with BTEG to get the support you need. Contact Tebussum Rashid Tebussum@bteg.co.uk
or call her on 0207 832 5839 for more information or to talk about the programme.